We are looking for exceptional individuals at a Consultant level with solid practical experience to work in our Resources Supply Chain & Operations practice. The ideal candidate will demonstrate leadership, high personal standards, a high degree of creativity, ability to develop intellectual capital and professional ethics. The candidate must have a good understanding of the supply chain process and global distribution networks, and be able to use innovative technology to resolve problems and implement business solutions. We believe this is a unique opportunity for truly outstanding candidates to get involved in a thriving business and to help shape and drive the growth of the practice through real business development, decision making and exciting client delivery.
- Establishing, maintaining and strengthening client relationships through strong stakeholder management.
- Gathering and analysing information to identify client’s underlying problems, using a data-driven approach.
- Identifying and addressing priorities, potential obstacles, constraints and dependencies with senior members of the team when developing/managing project plan or schedule.
- Designing, improving and implementing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
- Managing yourself or a team to ensure high-quality project deliverables and on-time delivery.
- Identifying and escalating potential business opportunities on existing engagements.
- Be an active team member, creating a positive team environment and learning culture, coaching and counselling junior team members to help them develop.
- Contributing your personal ideas and experience to the job; using external and/or non-traditional sources of information to bring insight to problems.
- Collaborating internally with other practitioners to develop viewpoints and thought leadership on supply chain management that can be championed internally and externally.
You will be challenged by:
- Diversity of client base and wealth of scenarios.
- Access and opportunity to leverage our global network of supply chain professionals to strengthen client propositions and recommendations.
- Working across multiple geographic locations, workforces and key stakeholder groups.
- Successfully maintaining high-level client relationships and meeting/exceeding client expectations.
- Professional experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Supply chain planning and management processes
- Supply chain modelling and optimization
- Design and implementation of logistics strategy
- Network design and optimization
- Procurement operating model redesign
- Category management
- Transportation management
- Warehouse design and optimization
- Inventory management / optimization
- Lean six sigma
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Experience of working within one or more of the following industries:
- Oil & Gas
- Clean Energy
- Natural Resources including Mining and Metal
- Other experiences in capital-intensive or heavy industries are also welcome e.g. the aerospace industry
- Consulting experience with blue-chip companies or has a well-rounded profile with strong industry experience (e.g. as an internal consultant).
- Process & business operations transformation experience within strategic or operational programmes within the Resources industry.
- Experience of leading initiatives using a data-driven approach to define the approach.
- A demonstrable ability to manage relationships with client stakeholders including evidence of relationship building that results in sustainable client relationships.
- Work effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills (strong command of MS office suite of tools, e.g. excel, ppt)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to be able to communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Strong academic performance in a degree at graduate or undergraduate level.
- Desired Skills
- Professional experience in other supply chain functional areas such as sourcing and procurement, manufacturing, finance etc.
- Experience or knowledge about process excellence tools and methodologies such as Lean management and Six Sigma method.
- Good knowledge or experience of using one or more project management tools and methodologies such as the traditional waterfall method or agile approach.
- Good knowledge of digital technologies such as analytics, mobility, cloud, artificial intelligence, etc.
What’s in it for you?
- We offer a transparent approach career progression, with a focus on your strengths and continuous coaching from senior colleagues.
- You’ll benefit from working alongside experts who are solving some of the biggest industry challenges with innovative thinking and cutting-edge tools.
- You’ll have access to leading-edge technology that will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest business trends.
- Flexible work arrangements and a range of benefits.
- Competitive rewards linked to fast-paced progression.
- You’ll also have opportunities to make a difference to the communities in which we work and live.